[linux-dvb] Re: atscscan w/ fusionhdtv3 gold-T card in 8vsb

On Monday 04 July 2005 12:20 pm, Michael Krufky wrote:
> After much re-arranging of computer location and
> antennae, I finally got a lock on 4 channels using 8vsb.
> here is output from atscscan. Now I must try to get a
> digital picture... :
>
> scanning atsc/us-NTSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and
> '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'

 <snip>

> dumping lists (4 services)
> FOX 5 NY:653000000:8VSB:49:52:3
> WWOR UPN 9:653000000:8VSB:65:68:4
> WABC-HD?:659000000:8VSB:49:52:1
> WABC+:659000000:8VSB:65:68:2
> Done.

Great work Michael,

The scan data looks normal. You should be able to scan with
mythtv and get 4 channels. That was my next step after
getting scan to detect and properly identify the channels.
The first pair of channels are probably strongest since
they locked faster.

The channel number reported (5, 7, and 9) are actually the
old analog channel numbers owned by the broadcasters. The
actual frequencies that carry the ATSC stream are in the
UHF band. You can get the station identification
information and still not be able to see the picture due to
a weak signal.

Once you work through the mythtv setup jungle you should see
a DTV picture. If mythbackend is reporting errors other
than "prebuffering pause" or "X Error:..." you probably
still have a weak signal and the picture and sound may be
jerky if they work at all.

-- Mac