[linux-dvb] DVB file formats

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Thursday 16 June 2005 13:29, Felix Domke wrote:
>>We have a special per-service flag, which has a meaning like "no DVB
>>service". If this flag is set, there will be no attempt to parse any DVB
>>tables, and just take the ES-Pids. We then invent a random SID, thus
>>having an arbitrary es-pid-combination which behaves like a service.
>>With this, we support stuff like feeds, with only minimal changes.
> Do you mean stuff like a feed from an mpeg2 encoder?
With "feeds" I generally mean services which are setup to just transport
a video/audio stream over a satellite, not meant to be used by the user,
but for example to transfer raw, uncut footage or something to the studio.

Sometimes they are encrypted, but most of the time they just use obscure
parameters so nobody finds them ;)

They are MPEG2, as usual, but most of the time they have varying SIDs or
even no PMTs at all.

> I've got something like this as well. In the new format, I was thinking you'd
> create a new multiplex, and have a new delivery type... e.g. for a v4l source
> you might have
> [multiplex]
> source_id = Asomething
> delivery = v4l <v4l specific parameters>
So that would be a multiplex carrying analog video?

Felix