[linux-dvb] usb 2.0 v pci

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Dave Chapman wrote:

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>>
>> If you want to use DVB-T and USB I would recommend you a device with a
>> dib3000p-frontend. It is USB2.0, has a PID filter (32 slots) and this
>> PID filter can be disabled (so can deliver complete TS). (Hauppauge
>> Nova-T USB2 or Avermedia USB2.0).
>>
>> Besides the reception qualitiy of these boxes is very good in difficult
>> areas, at least this is my subjective impression after testing about 10
>> different boxes (which had other frontends).
>
> Sorry to take this thread off-topic slightly, but have you compared the
> reception of USB and PCI devices?

Hmm, not compared, but while writing drivers I did not move the antenna
and saw that different boxes (and one PCI card) had different reception
abilities. The dib3000p-driven boxes were the ones with best strength.

> I'm currently using a "new" Nova-t card, which seems better than my
> "old" (i.e. the very first version) Nova-t, but I'm still getting
> occasional dropouts.
> Would you recommend I try one of the two USB boxes you mention?

If you have the option of returning the box in case it won't work, yes. I
did not test the Nova-T PCI, though.

Good luck,
Patrick.

--