[linux-dvb] usb 2.0 v pci

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> If you want to use DVB-T and USB I would recommend you a device with a
> dib3000p-frontend. It is USB2.0, has a PID filter (32 slots) and this
> PID filter can be disabled (so can deliver complete TS). (Hauppauge
> Nova-T USB2 or Avermedia USB2.0).
>
> Besides the reception qualitiy of these boxes is very good in difficult
> areas, at least this is my subjective impression after testing about 10
> different boxes (which had other frontends).

Sorry to take this thread off-topic slightly, but have you compared the
reception of USB and PCI devices?  I'm currently using a "new" Nova-t
card, which seems better than my "old" (i.e. the very first version)
Nova-t, but I'm still getting occasional dropouts.

Would you recommend I try one of the two USB boxes you mention?

Thanks,

Dave.