[linux-dvb] Nova-T (TT L64781) TS Continuity problems

Johannes,

Thank you for your help and I'm sorry that it has taken me almost a
month to look at this.

> You could compare the old and new drivers for differences
> in register settings (both initial and what set_frontend()
> and grundig_29504_401_pll_set() in budget.c does) and timing.

I couldn't find any differences in register settings.

> A good start might be to load the driver (dvb-core) with
> frontend_debug=1 and see what it does. Then maybe look at
> l64781_get_tune_settings() and play with the values. I would
> try to set step_size and max_drift to 0 to disable zig-zag
> (not that usefule IMHO for dvb-t) and maybe increase min_delay_ms.

I was getting exactly the output explained in the message that you
linked to.  Setting step_size and max_drift to 0 makes the glitches a
lot shorter.  I also tried playing with the min_delay_ms, and got the
best results by setting this as high as 4000ms.

With these three changes, the TV output is then as good as with the
connexant based card.  Thank you very much.

Best wishes,

Allan