[linux-dvb] skystar2 on kernel 2.4.20 [solved]

Hi,

thanks your interest on this problem.

Finally, we have got it working fine.

Here is the procedure we have applied:
   * compilation of driver 1.0.0 and make install --> was not working.
Machine froze at rmmod.
   * checkout cvs of tag linux_2_4 of module dvb-kernel, then compile,
make install and run modprobe char-major-250.
      --> the problems was probably that compilation failed or was
incomplete so make install was probably not updating the skystar driver.
      So we have rm -f /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/ and redo the
complete process (compil + make install).
      Then updating modules.conf with
         alias char-major-250 skystar2
         add below skystar2 stv0299
         options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
      and run modprobe char-major-250

Then running the szap tool + dvbnet and we could lock on a pid and
create a network interface.
It is now running smoothly with any loss of packet ! We are currently
doing a transmission of a very big file (4G) and it seems to run
perfectly !!

Congratulations to the linuxtv team

thank you for your help.

Boris