[linux-dvb] Nebula DigiTV USB Driver

On Saturday 28 May 2005 21:54, Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> That's all? There must be something more...
>
> After downloading the firmware to the device, the box should disconnect
> and come back in a new "outfit".
>
> Does this message ("downloading firmware from file ... ") appear several
> times?
>
> Patrick.

No that's all. I've been trying to look into this a little futher and it
appears that contary what's stated in the log messages the firmware is not
usb_cypress_load_firmware

		for(i = 0; p[i+3] == 0 && i < fw->size; ) {

 evaluates to false, as p[3]==2 so no data is
actually transferred!

I can get a little bit further if I initialise the device in Windows and then
reboot in linux. In this case the following messages are written to the log:

dvb-usb: found a 'Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0)' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0)).
dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T
USB2.0)'
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 1000 msecs.
dvb-usb: Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0) successfully initialized and
connected.
usbcore: registered new driver Nebula Electronics uDigiTV DVB-T USB2.0 device

Obviously as no frontend was attached it's not possible to run any DVB
applications as the frontend device is missing.

If you have any other debug hints let me know and I'll try them out.

                 Regards

			Mike