[linux-dvb] Dropping 50-70 frames and don't know why

Hi Dave.

Dave Chapman wrote:
> Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
>>I'm in the need for suggestions for where to look for the cause of frame
>>drops for decoded signals from Canal Digital on 1West (CONAX). What I
>>experience is a typical 50-70 encoded frames missing (PTS jumps 2-2.8
>>secs) every 1-20 minute. Here is my setup.
>>
>>  ReceiverPCs----FastEthernet--Switch--FastEthernet----DecoderPCs
>>
>>The receiver PCs have a mix of 1-4 Hauppauge Nexus-s/Nova-s/Nova-CI-s
 >
> I know somebody who's also trying to decode Canal Digital (using an
> official card) using a Nova-S under Windows, and he's been having a very
> similar problem.

Will try to save a MPEG-2 CanalDigital stream under Windows. Do you know
a tool to spot a PTS jump in a MPEG-2 stream ?

> He contacted C+ about it, who said that their cards were only designed
> to work with their "$1" set-top receivers.

Silly, isn't it !

 > But apparently they do have
> CAM-compatible cards, and he was going to try and persuade C+  to send
> him one.  I haven't heard the end of the story yet though.

I selected a a random receiver and got the cards. It has been working
for some channels until a few months ago. I'm just using industry standard
CONAX CAM 4.00 11/2004 with the smart cards and it used to work.

> I don't know if that actually means anything, but it does at least show
> that Windows software has the same problem.

Will try to verify that.

Kind regards

| Kabel-TV over Internettet   --   http://www.streamtv.dk/ |