[linux-dvb] Dropping 50-70 frames and don't know why

Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm in the need for suggestions for where to look for the cause of frame
> drops for decoded signals from Canal Digital on 1West (CONAX). What I
> experience is a typical 50-70 encoded frames missing (PTS jumps 2-2.8
> secs) every 1-20 minute. Here is my setup.
>
>   ReceiverPCs----FastEthernet--Switch--FastEthernet----DecoderPCs
>
> The receiver PCs have a mix of 1-4 Hauppauge Nexus-s/Nova-s/Nova-CI-s

I know somebody who's also trying to decode Canal Digital (using an
official card) using a Nova-S under Windows, and he's been having a very
similar problem.

He contacted C+ about it, who said that their cards were only designed
to work with their "$1" set-top receivers.  But apparently they do have
CAM-compatible cards, and he was going to try and persuade C+  to send
him one.  I haven't heard the end of the story yet though.

I don't know if that actually means anything, but it does at least show
that Windows software has the same problem.

Dave.