[linux-dvb] WinTV NovaT remote keys - num keys only

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Baxter" <linuxtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lauri Tischler" <lwgt@xxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] WinTV NovaT remote keys - num keys only

> Apart from some different key codes, many were the same I was already
> using - specifically the coloured keys and arrows.
>

> Still nothing.
>
> I'm sure I am compiling the v4l2 modules properly  - have tested this by
> swapping some of the definitions around to see if the keys that are
> working follow the swap.
>
> Is there something at the kernel level which defines these 'KEY_RED' etc
> tags?  it looks like the '0x0b' etc  signals are being received, but when
> they're mapped on to KEY_RED etc they don't work.
>
> If I map 0x0b, for the RED key, onto KEY_KP5 the key works.  But I only
> have about 14 "KEY_**"  placeholders to play with.
>
> Can anyone explain why or what module is understanding KEY_KP5   BUT NOT
> KEY_RED, KEY_BLUE, KEY_TEXT  etc etc etc

I've been looking at the v4l2 sources (from bytesex) and a couple of things
don't make sense to me.

after doing a 'build' it looks like the symbolic links don't work.  There's
a 'linux' and 'media' sym link that don't seem to go anywhere.  Shouldn't
these link to <kernel-src>/include/linux/ and <kernel-src>/include/media/
??

The cx88-input.c has an include statement which pulls in "#include
<linux/input.h>".  This is the file which defines the KEY_RED etc
definitions.  If the above link worked, wouldn't that be better??

Also, the Make.config says "# doesn't build on kernels older than 2.6.10 #
Hmm, need a more clever check once we have 2.6.11 ..."   Is this still true?
I'm running 2.6.11.8 !!

simon