[linux-dvb] WinTV NovaT remote keys - num keys only

>> Is there something at the kernel level which defines these
>> 'KEY_RED' etc tags?
>
> they seem to be found in <kernel-root>/include/linux/input.h

Yes

>> it looks like the '0x0b' etc signals are being received,
>> but when they're mapped on to KEY_RED etc they don't work.
>>
>> If I map 0x0b, for the RED key, onto KEY_KP5 the key
>> works.  But I only have about 14 "KEY_**" placeholders to
>> play with.
>>
>> Can anyone explain why or what module is understanding
>> KEY_KP5 BUT NOT KEY_RED, KEY_BLUE, KEY_TEXT etc etc etc
>

> My guess would be that it might be something to do with
> KEY_RED being 0x18e, ie something bigger than 0xff.  It
> happens that 0x8e displays as nothing, so if it's getting
> handled mod 256 you'll see nothing unless you go to some
> extra trouble, such as piping the output of tail through
> less.  (assuming you have less set up to display control
> characters somehow). ie if "echo -e "0x8e" | less" shows you
> something, it's worth trying piping the tail through less.

Although it doesn't explain why my KEY_LEFT works, which is defined in
<kernel-root>/include/linux/input.h as 105, but my KEY_RIGHT doesn't which
is defined in <kernel-root>/include/linux/input.h as 106.

There is possibly a pattern though.  There are no keys that work which are
defined in <kernel-root>/include/linux/input.h as hex numbers :  0xXX

Why are some keys in <kernel-root>/include/linux/input.h defined as hex and
others defined as (what I assume is) decimal?

> What's you're locale?

[root@media vdr]# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

> (I have one of these remote controls, but haven't even got
> round to putting the batteries in yet)
>
>  J?n

I think I'd hang on to those batteries for now  !! ;)