[linux-dvb] Nexus-S 2.3 Kernel 2.4

Oliver Endriss schrieb:

>Currently there is no support for kernel 2.4, and imho there is no good
>reason not to switch to kernel 2.6. ;-)

Hi!

Some things about my reasons to use kernel 2.4:

I'm using VDR for recording TV for our clients.
Somehow a clustering solution, using 8 servers each with 4 Nexus-S rev
2.2, and 3 watch clients each with 1 Nexus-S rev 2.3.
Drivers and VDR are only once compiled on my fileserver, so that each
server uses the same software, only configuration files (timers) are
saved locally.
On my watch clients some students watch todays recordings, mark hits and
cut them.
And on those watch clients I got the problem that the cards sometimes
crash with outcom errors, and then I have to power down to reset the cards.
While only using this card in watch clients to watch recordings and not
to record something, I can live with this problem but if I need another
server to record more channels I  have the problem, that only rev 2.3
cards are available.

I have a timeframe between 2:00 - 5:30 at night to update these servers,
so I really don't like to update my kernel to 2.6 :-(

I will test an update on one of my watch clients, so that I know which
problems can occur and how to solve them.

Regards

Marco

--
vierzehn             Bahnhofstr. 27       Telefon 0 26 32 / 98 98 - 120
public relations     56626 Andernach      Telefax 0 26 32 / 98 98 - 111