[linux-dvb] ATSC channel scanning included in dvb-apps

Hi list,

This one is probably only of interest to the ATSC users.

Thanks to Sean Devine and Kevin Fowlks I could integrate basic ATSC/PSIP
section parsing to dvbscan (so also thanks to Johannes and Holger for
dvbscan). It is now possible to create azap-compatible
channels.conf-files.

I highly encourage every Linux-ATSC user to give it a try and report
any problems or send patches to improve scanning results.

How to atscscan in a nutshell:

Checkout dvb-apps from LinuxTV CVS:
http://www.linuxtv.org/cvs.php

enter dvb-apps and run 'make'
enter util/scan and run './atscscan atsc/us-<yourarea>'

I assume <yourarea> will be us-NTSC-center-frequencies-8VSB unless you
specify a initial-tuning-data-file for your region. Please contribute
your initial-tuning-data-files, by sending it to this list.

Note: I could not test ATSC cable, yet.

good luck,
Patrick.

--