[linux-dvb] really poor video performance XVideo/YV12 on Shuttle S3 UniChrome ?

Hi Group.

I've just built up my Shuttle PC with built-in S3 UniChrome card.

The video playback performance for DVB and DVD are REALLY poor.  Lots of
skipping and staggered picture.

I have got a few (smaller res) avi's of Star Trek episodes that play ok, but
the DVB/DVD is to bad to watch with either MPlayer or Xine.

When I run 'xine-check' I get :

Please be patient, this script may take a while to run...
[ good ] you're using Linux, doing specific tests
[ good ] looks like you have a /proc filesystem mounted.
[ good ] You seem to have a reasonable kernel version (2.6.11.7)
[ good ] intel compatible processor, checking MTRR support
[ good ] you have MTRR support and there are some ranges set.
[ good ] found the player at /usr/local/bin/xine
[ good ] /usr/local/bin/xine is in your PATH
[ good ] found /usr/local/bin/xine-config in your PATH
[ good ] plugin directory /usr/local/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.1 exists.
[ good ] found input plugins
[ good ] found demux plugins
[ good ] found decoder plugins
[ good ] found video_out plugins
[ good ] found audio_out plugins
[ good ] skin directory /usr/local/share/xine/skins exists.
[ good ] found logo in /usr/local/share/xine/skins
[ good ] I even found some skins.
[ good ] /dev/cdrom points to /dev/hdc
[ good ] /dev/dvd points to /dev/hdc
[ good ] DMA is enabled for your DVD drive
[ hint ] Your X server doesn't support YV12 overlays.
         That means xine will have to do color space transformation and
scaling
         in software, which is quite CPU intensive. Maybe upgrading your
         X server will help here.
         If you have an ATI card, you'll find accelerated X servers on
         http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/
         press <enter> to continue...

[ hint ] Your X server doesn't have any XVideo support...
         XVideo is an X server extension introduced by XFree86 4.x. This
         extension provides access to hardware accelerated color space
         conversion and scaling, which gives a great performance boost.
         If you have a fast (>1GHz) machine, you may be able to watch all
         kinds of video, anyway. You will waste lots of CPU cycles,
though...
         press <enter> to continue...

any ideas?

Simon