[linux-dvb] Problems with Nova T USB 2.0 Tuning

Hi Malc,

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Malc wrote:

> The signal to the box is good, (checked with another Nova T pci card),
>
> The USB box seems to install ok (see kernel below), but I cannot get scan or
> tzap to work... It seems to find the first multiplex, but not the rest (see
> trace below)
>
> Is it something to do with the "will use the device's hw PID filter.", if so
> how do I use it? or have I done something wrong here

> May  3 21:34:37 firebird kernel: dvb-usb: MAC address: 00:0d:fe:02:45:d5

Btw. is this MAC address correct? (see the bottom of your box). Reading
this MAC address is just a guess in the driver.

> initial transponder 754166670 0 3 9 1 0 0 0
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0010

This is because the PID filter is in use. For this box I needed to have
4096 bytes URB buffers (for some reason smaller ones crashed my system).
When only one pid is filtered (especially section PIDs such as NIT 0x0010)
the URBs will return very lately (because they won't get filled enough).

A solution sometimes is to raise the filter-timeout by saying:

dvbscan -5

> ......#./tzap "BBC ONE"
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> reading channels from file '/root/.tzap/channels.conf'
> tuning to 754166670 Hz
> video pid 0x0258, audio pid 0x0259

Wow, that is strange. Can you please paste the line of the channels.conf
for this channel?

regards
Patrick.

--