[linux-dvb] Re: reply-to modification

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:10:27PM +0200, Sergei Haller wrote:
>
>>The only perfect solution would be if every subscriber could
>>enable/disable the reply-to header in his settings on the lists management
>>site. (the site where you can define if you want digests or not)
>

> No, the perfect solution is a mailer with three reply functions:
>
> 1. Direct reply to sender
> 2. Group reply to the sender and everyone who got the original
>    (To: list, CC: list etc);
> 3. List reply (recognising that the post was sent to a mailing list).
>
> Mutt has these ('r', 'g', and 'l' respectively). I don't know what else
> does.
>
> Hamish

I normally try not to get into such discussions, but if somebody
claims to have the "perfect solution", and that solution contradicts
what I find to be right, I just have to respond ;-)

What I want is to always hit the _same_ button when replying to a
message. If the message comes from a mailing list, I want the reply to go
to the mailing list; otherwise it shall go to the sender.

I therefore have set up my mail filter to insert "reply-to" headers
into all incoming messages from mailing lists.

A mailer with three reply functions may be nice, but you'll have to
consider which button to press for each message again and again...
Repeated tasks that are not automated tend to go wrong sooner or later.

Klaus