reply-to modification (was: [linux-dvb] What am I doing wrongwith this Twinhan card?)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Dominique Dumont (DD) wrote:

DD> > That's a good question .. Maybe this should be started off as a
DD> > separate thread. So that others too can exchange their views..
DD>
DD> This has often been subject of flame-war on various mailing lists.
DD>
DD> Here's a well-thought argument against:
DD>
DD>   http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

there are as many arguments _for_ a reply-to set to the list.

DD> When a mailing list modifies reply-to, I usually set-up my mail reader
DD> to clobber it for the reasons expressed by the author of the
DD> reply-to-harmful paper.

I do a similar thing "the other way around", set my mail filters to add a
reply-to field to mailing list posts.

The only perfect solution would be if every subscriber could
enable/disable the reply-to header in his settings on the lists management
site. (the site where you can define if you want digests or not)

        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               /\\