reply-to modification (was: [linux-dvb] What am I doing wrong with this Twinhan card?)

Manu Abraham <manu@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> On another topic.... Why does this mailing list not set the reply
>> address to the list?
>>

> That's a good question .. Maybe this should be started off as a
> separate thread. So that others too can exchange their views..

This has often been subject of flame-war on various mailing lists.

Here's a well-thought argument against:

When a mailing list modifies reply-to, I usually set-up my mail reader
to clobber it for the reasons expressed by the author of the
reply-to-harmful paper.

HTH