[linux-dvb] What do you think of mpsys library ? (for ca_zap)

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Manu Abraham <manu@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>>The main reason why i avoided this library, inspite i was using it,
>>was the suggestion by others that a bloat like that should not end up
>>in the CVS.
>

> Mpsys source code is 5645 lines (ok I had to fix the Makefile to
> really clean the tar ball). I'm reluctant to consider that as code
> bloat for a full TS parser.
>
> On the other hand, generated code is bigger (20200 lines). I'm glad
> that only the compiler will have to deal with it (laziness again ;-) )

Another point is that even if i use mpsys, the en50221 parsing code
would still be there, which would mean that only a part of the code is
eliminated by mpsys's usage not the complete stuff.

So it does not make much of a sense, since again unit tests will have to
be provided for that part also, and a mix of one code generated library
and another part completely hand written one is sure to look damn ugly
and really confusing too.

That was what i meant by bloat. Just to have a PAT/PMT parser, using a
generic library surely is not going to help much..

Manu