[linux-dvb] What do you think of mpsys library ? (for ca_zap)

Hello

Manu and I are currently exchanging ideas (and code) related to the
next ca_zap (i.e. the small user space application in charge of
sending a ca_pmt message to the CAM on a Twinhan card).

We are thinking about providing a library to parse PAT and PMT and to
generate an EN50221 CA_SET_PMT message.

I've seen that mpsys library [1] alreasy provides a C library to parse
PMT and most of a TS stream. Using the XML protocol description, it
should be quite easy to provide an EN50221 parser also.  (although,
I'm not so sure about the encoding part of the EN50221 messages ... I
may have to dust off my XSLT cookbook )

What do you think of this library ?
Is there any reason not to use it with dvb application ?
Or not to recommend it ?

Thanks

[1] http://www.nenie.org/misc/mpsys/