[linux-dvb] What do you think of mpsys library ? (for ca_zap)

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
>
>>Dominique Dumont wrote:
>>
>>>What do you think of this library ?
>>
>>The main reason why i avoided this library, inspite i was using it, was
>>the suggestion by others that a bloat like that should not end up in the
>>CVS.
>

> My main concern is that the simple and small utilities in dvb-apps
> should not depend on external libraries. There isn't even a Debian

I am moving in that lines only, dvb-apps/util/libsi/ and
dvb-apps/util/ca_zap/
I think that i would prefer to move along the lines as you suggested
earlier, rather than mpsys, since this would mean changing everything
again (keep going in circles..)

> package for mpsys. Keeping a copy in dvb-apps might be a way out.

Eventhough the very first version of ca_zap (not the one that i sent you
recently, but the one i sent you long back maybe a few months back, i
think around November/December) was based on mpsys and was not too happy
due to the generated code.

Since i have changed ca_zap's dependency from mpsys, i don't have to
worry about that aspect anymore.

What i would prefer is since it has been quite some work on libsi (which
is very small), That could go ahead..

What do you think ? Or fall back to the very old code (mpsys based, i
don't like that aspect too much, but if others insist that it is better,
no problem by me)

Another point is that even if i use mpsys, the en50221 parsing code
would still be there, which would mean that only a part of the code is
eliminated by mpsys's usage not the complete stuff.

Manu