[linux-dvb] AverMedia 761 + Kernel 2.6(.10)

Hi!

I've been desperately trying to get my AverTV-761-DVB-T card _really_ working with my Debian sarge vdr since last summer. I have always had bad reception even though I live near to the cologne tv tower, especially on transponder 826 MHz. After having tried every available and quite some self-built antennas, I'm now quite sure that this has something to do with the card itself.

I've tried every single 2.6-kernel: Up to 2.6.5 it worked (sort of: bad reception), 2.6.6 to 2.6.9 didn't work at all, 2.6.10 works again. But with 2.6.10 my reception problems have become worse even though I thought I'd read somewhere that possible driver problems would have been worked out by that release. With femon I always get 100% signal strengh, but the SNR won't climb above ~50% which leads to constant stuttering. Switching is considerably slow...

As I'm about to throw this f*k*g card out of my window, this is my last try to do something about it.

Are there any other users of the AverTV-761 and a 2.6 kernel who can give me any hint? Or is this card plain unusable and I have to buy a Nova-DVBT?

Cheers
Chris