[linux-dvb] AverMedia 761 + Kernel 2.6(.10)

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:14:16PM +0100, Christian Engelking wrote:
> I've been desperately trying to get my AverTV-761-DVB-T card _really_ working with my Debian sarge vdr since last summer. I have always had bad reception even though I live near to the cologne tv tower, especially on transponder 826 MHz. After having tried every available and quite some self-built antennas, I'm now quite sure that this has something to do with the card itself.

The 761 was replaced with the 771 to improve the frontend, particularly
the sensitivity. So Avermedia must have thought it was bad too.

Having said that I had mine working pretty well on VHF channels, as I
have good line of sight to the transmitters (which are probably ~25km
away).

> As I'm about to throw this f*k*g card out of my window, this is my last try to do something about it.
>
> Are there any other users of the AverTV-761 and a 2.6 kernel who can give me any hint? Or is this card plain unusable and I have to buy a Nova-DVBT?

I'd recommend the window like Mark suggested, though for other reasons.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@xxxxxxxxxx> <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>