[linux-dvb] Display artifacts with VisionPlus (Twinhan) DVB-T card

On 13/03/2005, at 6:20 PM, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Matthew Phillips wrote:
>
>> On 12/03/2005, at 7:47 PM, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>
>>> even better: upload the sample to
>>> ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming and post the filename,
>>> please
>>
>> It's now at ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/dvb_artifact.jpg.
> ah, those lines!
> Yesterday Robert explained that hey are really encoded in the video
> stream, I see them too occasionally.
> As usual providers transmit a digitized crap

Yes, it's very irritating that they feel they need to broadcast their
bookkeeping information and partially ruin the quality advantage of DTV
:/

Further observation indicates that the blank line is always there, the
white dashes seem to turn up on old (analog) content.

I've posted a query to the mythtv list to see if anyone there knows how
to crop the noise out.

Matthew.