[linux-dvb] Display artifacts with VisionPlus (Twinhan) DVB-T card

From: "Matthew Phillips" <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Hello all, I'm having some problems with some Australian DVB-T
> channels, which I'm hoping someone here might have a clue about. The SD
> pictures I'm getting on some channels have, either at the top or bottom
> of the picture, a line of blank pixels which sometimes have some white
> streaks.

The line at the top is WSS (Wide Screen Signalling) as specified in ETSI EN
300 294. The first half of PAL line 23 is specified to carry WSS, the
second half live video. Some broadcasters "blacken" this part of the line
when encoding their analog PAL source for digital broadcasting, others
(like yours) don't.

It's not a bug on the receiving end. If you don't want "overscan" areas to
be visible, you should look for an overscan cropping feature in your TV
application.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach