[linux-dvb] Writing DVB Software - couple questions

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 11:46:24PM -0000, Chris Warren wrote:
> One idea might be in the client software to keep a record of the minimum and
> maximum experienced value and display a percentage/value based on this. So
> you get a scale from 0%-100% for the known limits of the current setup.

Sorry, I do not think this would be a good idea.
In case of initial startup you get 100% even if there is no signal
at all.
To be honest, I always hate equipment [and software] that lies to me
and hides real values from me, even [or especially] if it tries to
be more intelligent than me...

Maybe I am a bit fussy as a technician, I know...

> Chris

Regards,
Wolfgang