Re: staging: comedi: USB devs not working / some comedi core reorganization

Hi Ian,

Sorry should have said that the patch was on the linux-next git (but
didn't apply Greg's staging remote because it didn't compile at the time I
made the patches but I checked that there were no patches in the comedi
secion that time). Obviously we need to sort out the comedi remove
properly and thanks for pointing that out. At least we know where the
kernel ooops has been caused. Ian, could there be a similar issue in the
coldplug procedure I could look into? It's very rare that after a cold
boot the autoconfig fails. Annoyingly this hasn't happended after I've put
in the line reporting failure / success.

I'll also re-submit the other patch with the auto-config status report. I
think there's a grammatical mistake (native speakers, can you check).

I'm online but only back on my testing computer on the 5th (testing the
new Ubuntu LTS and the kernel at the same time, except of these small
probs it's already working nicely!).

Merry Xmas!

/Bernd