Re: Problem in vt6655 driver

W dniu 13.05.2011 21:06, Greg KH pisze:
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 03:46:56PM +0200, Piotr Kaczorek wrote:
I'm using vt6655 driver from 2.6.38 kernel for my wifi card. It's
set up as access point (using modified script from VIA's native
drivers - attached in package).
Right there you are probably alone in doing this.  Running the device as
an access point is something that I doubt the code really was ever
tested for at all.

I'd like to know if there is a possibility to run this card in
monitor mode? It would be best if I could run AP and monitor modes
at the same time (maybe on separate interfaces?).

I also found a problem with sent packets. My setup is quite strange
- my AP doesn't give access to the internet but substitutes any
request with my page hosted on AP itself (kind of captive portal).
There is a dnsmasq set to provide DHCP and DNS pointing to hotspot
itself. All packets coming from eth1 are intercepted by iptables (-A
PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp -j DNAT --to-destination
192.168.100.1:8180). On port 8180 i have nginx serving website.
The page is sent correct but images seem to break while being sent
(on mobile phones i can't see them in the browser or can see only
part of them, on windows however whole content is sent correctly).
I attach packet dumps from three devices i'm testing it on -
SonyEricsson P1i (Opera Mobile), BlackBerry Curve 8520 (their native
browser) and laptop with Window VIsta installed (FF4.0). Each
contains one request to some 'made up' url.
You should be happey that you are even getting this to work at all :)

And I think you are really on your own here, any patches that you could
provide to resolve any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

good luck,

greg k-h

I am really happy that it works, and thanks guys for doing a great work.
Problem is that our customers won't be satisfied with 'thats the way it works' and i'm responsible for setting it all up :) I'm not a kernel hacker so maybe at least someone will give me a hint where should i start searching for it? I don't even know how hotspot - client communication works from the inside.