Linux Driver Project Status Report as of April 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:15:52AM +0200, Benoit Donnette wrote:
> Now let's face it : your great initiative has an excellent visibility, and
> this is a strong point to show to hardware vendors. We might need to end
> up with a "Linux-awareness for hardware vendors" page as a hub to kernel
> projects, printers/CUPS, scanners and so on. Having a separation that says
> "no, your support is not done here, please go elsewhere" might be an own
> goal, most companies tend to like having a single entry point to a service
> that sounds unique to them, 'hardware driving'.

This is not the first time someone has told me this.  My response to
them, and to you and who ever else thinks this way is, "We have a wiki
that can contain this kind of information, go ahead and create it if you
think this is an effort that you wish to do.  If you need me to set up
another domain and wiki on it, I can easily put you in contact with the
people who can host it for free."

As you can see, our wiki has not grown to contain this kind of "hub" as
of yet, people like telling others what to do more than they like to do
it themselves it seems :)

thanks,

greg k-h