Re: On global citations, URLs and translations

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 10:37:21 +0100
Markus Heiser <markus.heiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a doubt that translating has to be a part of the kernel development.
>
> Minimal English is one of the prerequisites to be a part of the community.
> Maintainers do not master foreign languages, they are forced to commit
> blindly without quality assurance.  APIs will never be translated and
> the translation of articles is at random.

We've had this particular discussion before.  My own feeling is that
translated documentation can make an easier entry point for developers
who did not grow up speaking English; that, in turn, makes our community
just a little bit more inclusive.  We certainly can't *require* any sort
of translation work, but I'm happy to encourage it where the interest
exists.

Thanks,

jon