Re: Help required - kernel-doc, code block and backslash

Jonathan Corbet <corbet@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Anna-Maria Behnsen <anna-maria@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]

>> When using the kernel-doc 'identifiers' option, is there a way to use
>> wildcards or a easy way to enable wildcards? Something like this:
>>
>> .. kernel-doc:: include/linux/jiffies.h
>>    :identifiers: time_*
>
> Not currently.  That would be useful, though, and easy enough to add.
> We just need to decide whether we want filename-glob matching, or proper
> regexes...

Maybe I'm on the wrong track (definitely possible as I am a
scripting/tooling amateur), but I thought identifiers option takes a
list of functions or types and not filenames?

In case the filename-glob matching is this what I would call wildcard
matching, then I would propose to enable this for the existing
option. In case regexes are required as well, maybe another option like
'[no-]identifiers-regex' could be introduced.

Thanks,

	Anna-Maria