Re: make cleandocs issue: rm -rf /output when obj not defined

pioneer695 <pioneer695@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In an attempt to get some readable documentation I cloned the git repository
> to check how the PDF format is.
>
> Entered Documentation and proceeded with:
>
> 	make pdfdocs
>
> which failed, so to start fresh, my thought was that:
>
> 	make cleandocs
>
> would be the next step before anything else. But, this resulted in:
>
> 	rm -rf /output

That's not good...

> as $(obj) for some reason was empty.

*This* would appear to be the real problem.  If you could do some
digging to figure out why that happened, I suspect that would be
useful.

> Makefile for Documentation has:
>
> 	BUILDDIR      = $(obj)/output
>
> 	cleandocs:
> 		$(Q)rm -rf $(BUILDDIR)
>

> This should (at least?!) be:
>
> 	BUILDDIR      = ./$(obj)/output
> or:
> 	$(Q)rm -rf ./$(BUILDDIR)

These would break builds for a lot of people and are not the right
solution.

Thanks for the report,

jon