Updates to OLS papers.

--- Short news:

There are now at least title and author indexes for the individual OLS papers
under "http://kernel.org/doc/ols"; for the years 2001 through volume 1 of
2005.  (Yes, I tracked downthe 2001 papers in case I haven't mentioned it
here yet.)  I'm working on indexing 2005 volume 2 through 2007 right now.

I'll do summary paragraphs as I have time to read the actual files.  (See
http://kernel.org/doc/ols/2002 for what I'm talking about here.)

--- Long news:

The infrastructure behind this totally changed: there is some now, and you can
reproduce it at home if you want to. :)  This let me fix several bugs and
clean some stuff up.

The most noticeable bug was that some of the split-up OLS papers were
truncated.  Apparently, pdftk only accepts an unbounded end range (ala "57-")
to mean "continue until the end of file" when that's the last number range it
gets.  If there's a number range after that, pdf just gives you the first
page and ignores the - that should mean "until EOF".  So when I started
adding the two credits pages at the end of each split up file, the last file
of each volume got truncated to one page long (plus two credits pages).
Oops.  I noticed this while going through and indexing the files.

This gave me an excuse to re-split up the files, and since I've been meaning
to get a mirroring script up anyway, I made it part of that.  The mirror
script downloads the original versions of these files from the original
locations.  (Partly this is documentation of where they came from, partly it
lets other people reproduce the website, and partly it lets _me_ reproduce
things.  After many years of programming, I've gotten a bit anal about
reproducibility.)  And then does any postprocessing they need (such as
splitting them up).

So now if you run make/make.sh it runs two new files: make/mirror.py downloads
the ols files (and a few others; more to come) into a "mirror" subdirectory,
and make/splitols.py splits up the 2002-2007 OLS proceedings volumes into
individual files, hopefully this time getting the last file in each volume
right.

I had individual ols proceedings conversion scripts under the ols directory
before, I just moved them into the "make" directory along with all the other
scripts, combined them into one big conversion script that does all volumes
at once, and added a script to download them all from the original URLs into
the "mirror" directory, and then split them up in a way that _doesn't_
truncate the last paper of every volume.

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.
-