Re: another testmgr question

Hi Pascal,

Le 23/05/2019 à 23:43, Pascal Van Leeuwen a écrit :
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Biggers [mailto:ebiggers@xxxxxxxxxx]

[...]

Note that it's not necessary that your *hardware* supports empty messages,
since you can simply do this in the driver instead:

       if (req->cryptlen == 0)
               return 0;

For skciphers, yes, it's not such a problem. Neither for basic hash.
(And thanks for the code suggestion BTW, this will be a lot more efficient
then what I'm doing now for this particular case :-)
For HMAC, however, where you would have to return a value depending on the
key ... not so easy to solve. I don't have a solution for that yet :-(

I had the same issue when porting the SEC2 Talitos driver to also support SEC1. See following commit to see the way it has been fixed:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=2d02905ebd22c0271a25e424ab209c8b7067be67

Christophe

And I'm pretty sure this affects all Inside Secure HW drivers in the tree:
inside-secure, amcc, mediatek and omap ...

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines, Inside Secure
www.insidesecure.com