Re: Typos and RSA

Ah.... enlightenment can be such an uncomfortable thing...

On 05/17/2016 05:56 PM, Stephan Mueller wrote:
Am Dienstag, 17. Mai 2016, 17:46:44 schrieb Gary R Hook:

Hi Gary,

Thanks so much.

There are exactly 3 references to that symbol (in my freshly pulled copy
of cryptodev-2.6).
testmgr.c precipitates my questions, and public_key.c doesn't actually
provide any content
in the source input buffer, neither modulus nor plaintext. Thus, it
doesn't clarify things
either.

But I truly appreciate your attention.

So I'll go ahead and ask, because I did look at the two areas mentioned
by Stephan, but
neither seem to clarify (to my admittedly ignorant eyes... I'm a real
newbie on crypto here)
usage.
Here is an example from a current code of mine (all kccavs symbols are private
to my code):

Yes, thank you. After spending more time wandering through rsa.c & rsa_helper.c
I have come to realize that I have been laboring under a paradigm imposed by
my implementation requirements. Now that I have that cleared up, the answer to my question it self-evident.Although I'm still not clear on why testmgr feels the need to create a SGL table with an empty second element (for the existing
tests), rather than a single SGL. But that's neither here nor there.

As I said, I'm a newbie with lots to learn about this stuff. Thanks for your
patience.