Re: Typos and RSA

Thanks so much.

There are exactly 3 references to that symbol (in my freshly pulled copy of cryptodev-2.6). testmgr.c precipitates my questions, and public_key.c doesn't actually provide any content in the source input buffer, neither modulus nor plaintext. Thus, it doesn't clarify things
either.

But I truly appreciate your attention.

So I'll go ahead and ask, because I did look at the two areas mentioned by Stephan, but neither seem to clarify (to my admittedly ignorant eyes... I'm a real newbie on crypto here)
usage.

Here's my question:

The source input (as set via akcipher_request_set_crypt()) to akcipher is supposed to be the modulus + plaintext. testmgr hands this in via a scatterlist with 2 elements, wherein the first is the modulus, the second the payload. The source length however, appears to
be the aggregate length of these two elements. Okay, good enough.

Since the API provides no information about the modulus length, one might guess that the only way to ascertain the separate lengths of the two parts is to read the values from the scatterlist structures. I get that the key (exponent) length is what really matters,
but the source input fields are clearly of arbitrary and unequal length.

So please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not seeing it: how do we decompose the two parts of src and get their lengths? What can we expect on the receiving end of the encrypt function with respect to the source data structure? A two-element scatterlist? Or...? What can we conclude from the calls made in do_test_rsa() in testmgr.c, vs the call in public_key_verify_signature() in public_key.c re: invocation and provided data.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

Gary