Re: HW Accelerated IPSEC?

Kent Borg <kentborg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe both modules are processing the data-in/data-out aspect correctly,
> but are misbehaving in some other way; a missing lock on a critical
> section, for example. For some reason IPSec gets unhappy where self-test
> and loopback are quite content. Or, maybe IPSec has a bug that is
> somehow exposed when a different HW unit gets into the act. (Which is
> why I was looking for any confirmed case of IPSec going through the
> kernel's crypto infrastructure for HW acceleration.)

That is entirely possible.

One way to test whether this is a bug in IPsec or crypto is to
instantiate a cryptd instance on sha by using cryptd(sha1-generic).

If that works then it's probably a bug in your driver, otherwise
we may have an issue in IPsec itself.

Thanks!
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>