Re: [RFC 1/3] userns: add uuid field

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 08:49:40AM -0500, Stefan Berger wrote:

> On 11/28/21 20:59, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > OK, but a bunch of cats I found on the Internet agree with me, a UUID
> > > shouldn't be settable:
> > >
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier
> > >
> > > The key point being, if you can set the id, it can't be unique ... it
> > Ok, so can you just put a comment above there saying "this must not
> > be settable from userspace" ?
>
> So I have been working on an IMA namespacing series again as well and would
> like to use some sort of unique identifier for audit messages emitted from
> an IMA/user namespace other than the init_ima_ns. This UUID may just work
> for this, but how would one associate the UUID with a container if it ever
> comes to that when evaluating audit logs? Shouldn't it be settable from user
> space for some sort of 'coordination' between container runtime and kernel?

Wouldn't this be solved by the audit container id patchset? In fact,
can't we use this for IMA as well?

[Index of Archives]     [Cgroups]     [Netdev]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]