Selectively turn on and off kernel configuration options

Hello,

My apologies it this has been answered before.

I am looking for a way to specifically turn on or off a single configuration option from the command line. There is the 'config' make target, but this will go through each and every configuration item. I am looking for something like

make V=2 O=../linux-3.6.3-build CONFIG_OPTION=y config

whereby make (or a config program) would then go and switch on or off or modularise all dependent configuration options (or warn if the attempted setting requires another configuration to be changed).

I see there is scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh. Is this the right way to go?

Thanks,
Winston 		 	   		  --
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-config" in

[Index of Archives]     [Audio]     [Linux Console]     [Hams]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Samba]     [Fedora Users]