kconfig is required by many other softwares.

Hi:

I'm in an attempt to use kconfig for my project, and there are some other
projects, such as uclibc, busybox, use a snapshot of kconfig to config
themself.

Why not make the kconfig to be an individual GPL project so the other projects
will have not to include the source of kconfig with some modifications to use
it?

And there will be some other projects which want to access kernel config too,
the best way is to use the same source with the kconfig in kernel. If both
kernel and other 'kconfig' user share the same kconfig, it will be very easy
to share the config files.

All users of 'kconfig' can share the improvement of kconfig too if it is an
individual project.

Now I try to set up kconfig in an independent source tree, and make it to be a
user-friendly, customizable C library. Python binding will be provided for
the following reasons:
* config program will be easier to be composed with script language.
* There is no performance and size limitation on config program.

Here is my current work, anybody can access it by:
svn co https://ako.3322.org/svn/repos/svn-kconfig/trunk kconfig

There is not many works now, I just copy the source from linux-2.6.15.6 and
write a build script to compile it (by 'scons' which can be downloaded from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scons/scons-0.96.1.tar.gz ). A simple test
program is added too.

To install scons, just untar it and run 'python setup.py install' in the
untarred directory. (Homepage of scons: http://www.scons.org/)

To compile it, just run 'scons -u' in any directory of kconfig.

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks.

Charles Wang, March 11, 2006.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-config" in

[Index of Archives]     [Audio]     [Linux Console]     [Hams]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Samba]     [Fedora Users]