Re: CIFS lockup regression on SMB1 in 6.10

Steve French wrote:
On Aug 20 Kris Karas wrote:
Don't remember just when this started, maybe around
6.10.3 or 6.10.4?  Can bisect if need be.

I neglected to ask if any of the devs on Linux-CIFS know the culprit and thus what to fix, or whether somebody would like me to bisect? Happy to do so. Let me know.

Smb311 Linux extensions work to ksmbd but for those extensions to samba there is a server bug with qfsinfo but patch is available for that

Super! I'm glad to hear it. I've been stubbornly stuck using vers=1.0 because I know of no other alternative. I have heard of unofficial patches to Samba going back at least a couple years, and have been patiently awaiting official blessing; I'm sadly ignorant of the reasons for rebuff.

Kris