Re: CIFS lockup regression on SMB1 in 6.10

Steve French wrote:
What is the simplest repro you have seen - e.g. is there a git tree
with very small source that fails with configure that you could share?

Simplest and easiest way to reproduce is:
  1. Put a bunch of photographs on the server
  2. rm -rf $HOME/.cache/thumbnails
  3. mount -t cifs -o vers=1.0 //Server/Photos /mnt
  4. { geeqie | gwenview | digikam | ...}  /mnt

Just the process of generating dozens of thumbnail files in parallel will cause a lockup (for me) in short order.

I'm new to this thread, just found it because I was curious if anybody else has reported this, or whether I needed to start a new thread. Glad it's already being worked on. Don't remember just when this started, maybe around 6.10.3 or 6.10.4? Can bisect if need be.

Kris

PS I'm not on linux-cifs, so CC me if you want me to see it.

PPS Looking for UNIX Extensions in SMB/CIFS vers=2.0+ that are
    supported by Samba, but I'm starting to lose hope.