Re: Different behavior of POSIX file locks depending on cache mode

On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 4:19 PM Ralph Boehme <slow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> >> a serious regression in the server (but trivial fix).  We are waiting
> >>
> >> on someone to merge the oneline fix to the server (which we tested out
> >>
> >> ok) from David.
>
> no, Ralph.

Oops... Sorry about the typo ...

> fix + test = MR + review = master
>
> The test is still missing and I was on vacation and am swamped with work.

All of the standard ("fstest" aka "xfstests") automated tests fail, so
trivial to test/reproduce.  Does anyone have a pointer to the
smbtorture tests for SMB3.1.1 POSIX? It only needs a single query fs
info to fail so this looks like only a few line addition to the
existing SMB3.1.1 POSIX tests.   I do badly want to re-enable our
automated testing to Samba with SMB3.1.1 POSIX (the "buildbot") but
obviously this blocks every test.   We do test on every pull request
upstream to Samba (and also to Samba with vfs_btrfs for those features
like "reflink" etc are missing without vfs_btrfs installed)

--
Thanks,

Steve