Re: Linux client SMB and DFS site awareness

Hello Enzo,

Thank you for the response!

I failed to mention the initial aspect that is specific to mounting a
domain based DFS share. This would contact a random domain controller
instead of a DC local to the calling client's site, should it exist. A
CLAP ping like that used by SSSD[0] could be used to identify the
nearest domain controller prior to initiating a subsequent mount
request. This is where the DNS discovery for a ldap entry would be
applicable.

Hope that helps to clarify the use case.

Thanks again for the response.

[0] https://docs.pagure.org/sssd.sssd/design_pages/active_directory_dns_sites.html