Re: A patch to implement the already documented "sep" option for the CIFS file system.

> Yes, I'm just saying that the original approach (having a 'sep=' option)
> would require implementation in the kernel as well (it currently doesn't
> exist).

I tested the solution I proposed on the kernels 4.19 and 5.10.
"sep=" is successfully recognized on these Linux kernels.
Did the new kernel remove support for this option?

About escape sequences.
Please pay attention to the thoughts of the authors of "pam-mount" and
"util-linux" in order to get a complete solution:
https://sourceforge.net/p/pam-mount/pam-mount/merge-requests/7/
https://github.com/util-linux/util-linux/pull/1836

--
Dmitry Telegin