Re: kernel upcall info

I think you will need

1)
to have an entry in file /etc/request-key.conf such as this:
create  cifs.idmap      *       *               /usr/sbin/cifs.idmap %k

2)
winbind configured and running and added to file /etc/nsswitch.conf like this
passwd:         compat winbind
group:            compat winbind
shadow:         compat winbind

3)
need a link
sudo mkdir /etc/cifs-utils
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cifs-utils/idmapwb.so
/etc/cifs-utils/idmap-plugin
(dpkg -L cifs-utils | grep so will show you the location in ubuntu e.g)

4)
And mount cifs share with option cifsacl

Hope that helps. I had a working setup which is not there anymore.
Will try to reacquire

Regards,

Shirish