Re: CAN ISO-TP

+CC Linux CAN ML

Hi Bartosz,

On 06.05.21 19:28, Bartosz Zdanowicz wrote:

I'm not sure if you prefer e-mail message, but I don't want to raise GitHub Issue yet.

Raising a GitHub issue is generally a good idea as it may help other people too.

But asking on the Linux CAN mailing list is even better ;-)

I'm using module that you are an author and it's working perfectly on my local PC. I'm using Ubuntu with Kernel version 5.4.0-70-generic

Which branch did you use? master branch?

I tried to simplify example where I use python wrappers and other things and manage to get minimal example:

/import socket as s
socket = s.socket(s.AF_CAN, s.SOCK_DGRAM, s.CAN_ISOTP)
socket.bind(("vcan0", 1, 2))
socket.send(b"AAAAAAAAA")
socket.send(b"AAAAAAAAA")/
/
/
It's working perfectly, even if I don't open receiver socket. It just timeout and there is no issue.

But this should raise an issue as you send 9 bytes which would need segmentation.

This should only work with CAN FD frames with a single frame.

Can you create a candump log from vcan0 to see, what's going on the bus?

I tried to run my application on RPI, when module is already included with kernel version Linux raspberrypi 5.10.17-v7+ #1403 SMP Mon Feb 22 11:29:51 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux.

I run above code and first send is working (no receiver as well), timeout, but second one is printing

OSError: [Errno 70] Communication error on send

That's interesting! We are currently working on creating that kind of feedback.

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-can/97e2ddd5-cc8b-9c7b-6198-2eceee39dfd4@xxxxxxxxxxxx/

So how is Python getting this information?

Regards,
Oliver

And pattern is repeated. So sending next data works and after those error appears. It seems like sending new data somehow ,,validate" previous send. When I create other socket that reads data it's working perfectly. The issue is, somehow in our architecture other device might be unavailable.

I checked also dmesg and there is no tips. Is it any known issue, or maybe it's expected?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

Best Regards,
Bartosz Zdanowicz

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]