Re: mcp251xfd on RPi 5.4 downstream

>     https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/e/e2/2-CH-CAN-FD-HAT-Schematic.pdf
>
> Grmpf :/
>
>> This means that can1 cs is connected to pi header pin 26
>
> Both of rpi's SPI host drivers prefer to use GPIO chip selects by default, as
> native chip selects have some limitations. And all three mcp251xfd overlays use
> GPIO chip selects, this means you can use any free GPIO in the system for the
> SPI chip select.
>
> Marc

It took me a while to realize but those pin numbers on the PCB are
WPI := WiringPi numbers, not header pin numbers and not BCM pin numbers.

The schematics also has the WPI column in the lower left section.

https://pinout.xyz/pinout/wiringpi#

--
Patrick

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]