Re: [Linux-cachefs] using cachefs

Shaya Potter wrote:

i figured that :) I was just stating my experience so other's don't have to ponder why its not building.

to continue my experience. I now have a kernel w/ cachefs and cachefilesd compiled, but when I run I get a kernel error

"CacheFiles: Failed to register: -95"

what appears to be happening is that the program opens /proc/fs/cachefile as fd3

it then tries

write(3, "bind", 4) and gets an -ENOTSUPPORTED returned.

any ideas?

from what I can tell this is returned in cf-bind.c and is because kmem_cache_alloc() fails in cachefiles_proc_add_cache(). I have no idea what or why.

to respond ot myself. it doesn't seem to like ext2. with ext3 it seems I make progress and get a "Can't set xattr" error (and now off to look how to mount fs w/ xattr support)