Re: [Linux-cachefs] Preliminary tests

Cesar Delgado <cdelgad2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, so here's my weekend experience.  I have a Gentoo box as an NFS server an
> a FC4 with the CacheFS kernel as a client.  I mounted the cachefs partition
> thusly:
>  >mount -t cachefs /dev/hdb /home -o tag=nfs_mount
>  >echo "cachefs__" > /dev/hdb

That's definitely wrong. The echo command informs CacheFS that the blockdev is
pre-initialised and that it should initialise it upon mounting. CacheFS then
changes the magic number to something to indicate that CacheFS is actually
active and can be re-used on subsequent mountings. You should only need to do
the echo once.

David